2 min read
I just decided to setup my very own [ownCloud](http:/
After setting up an admin-user, you're in. By default you have a view for all your Files in your ownCloud as well as special views for images and documents. When you install the [ownCloud Desktop Sync Client](http:/
Primarily I want to use ownCloud to sync my calendars and contacts between my MacOS- and iOS-Clients. All you have to do for this is:
* Export Calendars as .ics-files and contacts as .vcf-files
* Place these files in your ownCloud Folder and wait for their upload
* In your ownCloud webfrontend open each file and add its contents to the calendar/contacts apps.
* In the settings of the apps you can find the urls to your new CalDAV/CardDAV Server. They look something like this (for calendar, contacts is slightly different):
* Add these URLs to your *Internet Accounts* in the MacOS *System Preferences* alongside your ownCloud credentials.
* Check if the data has been downloaded to your calendar/contacts.app and delete your old Google/iCloud subscriptions.
OwnCloud has many more great features, for example an RSS-Reader. Let's hope that mobile RSS-Readers like [Reeder](http:/